Selecting a new home is a tough process and particularly modular homes. Texas is considered an excellent place for buying a new modular home. No matter you have been planning a vacation retreat, starter home, or retirement residence, you can remain assured that the modular home builders of Texas are committed to your satisfaction and vision. The special features of modular homes are:
- The modular home prices are more affordable compared to the site-built homes. Due to this; you can save money on the general construction.
- Modular homes assess the same as their onsite-built counterparts. They don’t depreciate in value.
- When the matter comes to modular homes then home inspections aren’t required as they are created in a factory.
- Modular homes turn out to be permanent structures, meaning real property.
- Modular homes are quicker to build compared to 100% site-built homes.
- Taxes on modular homes and site-built homes are the same.
- Home loans are same for modular homes and site-built homes.
- Insurance premiums too are same for modular homes and site-built homes.
- Modular homes can be constructed for withstanding 175-mph winds.
- Modular home designs do vary in style and size.
- You can customize a modular home.
- Modular homes are viewed as a kind of green building and energy efficient homes.
Some important points regarding modular homes
Also known as prefab homes, modular homes are considered a novice way to develop a custom home and that too at a reasonable price. You can build a modular home with a similar beautiful floorplan that you see on a website but different from manufactured homes based on building requirements and solid foundation. Modular homes get constructed in environmentally controlled factories before being transported to the site of the home to be assembled on a contemporary foundation system. With a modular home building, the dreams of an affordable, fast, and easy become true.
The modular homes are developed with stern quality-control systems by utilizing the same materials and get governed by similar building codes that are needed by home builders or developers in site-built homes. They reach your site as distinct modules and are assembled within days into homes and the main thing is they remain indistinguishable from comparable homes that are built on-site. The modular homes are created by skilled craftsmen who possess all the tools to ensure that your home is built with pride and quality. Due to this; rain and wind don’t cause damage to the building materials and even don’t cause construction delays.
The safety factors
Most often, people complicate modular homes with site-built homes and many think that modular homes are carelessly constructed and the cost of modular homes are too high. But, it is pretty further from the truth. Modular homes get fabricated in factories to higher building standards compared to the most site-built homes as each module is needed to withstand being lifted onto the back of a truck to be driven to the site of the construction. At times, the construction site happens to be thousands of miles away. Again, according to FEMA, modular homes can withstand hurricane level conditions safely.